In-game bonuses are effects that affect player ships by either making modules/backwalls of a certain type cheaper or giving them a slight bonus in some other aspect.
Currently there are two ways to gain bonuses in the game, with some of them being locked to the campaign mode only.
Hereditary bonuses: Hereditary bonuses are effects given to players and NPC factions by the main (first) design on their coat of arms, having more than one decal on the coat of arms does not give multiple bonuses as only the first design counts. Note that some decals do not give a bonus. These decals and their respective bonuses include:
- A rams head (allows players to build a grand ram, campaign only)
- A tower (stone backwall has 50% more HP)
- A wheel (ship commands ready at double speed)
- An eagle (cannons get double accuracy)
- A tree (20% more wooden backwall HP)
- A rat (injured crew do not slow down)
- A lion (crew/boarders reload their guns faster)
- A crown (cities are instantly conquered after battles, campaign only)
- An anvil (steel armour has 1.50x pierce/blast resistance)
- A mountain (suspendium chambers can lift 30% more weight)
- Waves (fires put out twice as fast)
- A wrench (repairs are 50% faster)
City bonuses: These bonuses are only found in campaign and are unlocked by capturing a city, they do not negate hereditary bonuses.